Land Transport of Livestock – NEW STANDARDS
- Do you know your responsibilities?
- Are the animals fit to load?
- Have the livestock been well prepared?
- Have you planned the journey?
- How long will the livestock be off water?
New national Standards for the welfare of livestock during land transport will become legally enforceable in Tasmania when the Animal Welfare (Land Transport of Livestock) Regulations 2013 commence on 15 June 2013.
If you’re involved in livestock transport, these new Standards apply to you. To find out what’s expected visit www.livestockwelfarestandards.net.au or contact the DPIPWE Animal Biosecurity and Welfare Branch on 6233 6875.
The Animal Welfare (Land Transport of Livestock) Regulations 2013 can be accessed online at www.thelaw.tas.gov.au from 15 June 2013.