in the news
Not that many years ago media and communications in the farming community revolved around collecting the mail and the paper from an upturned milk churn at the farm gate, usually in the middle of the day, and reading them at night.
Today most of our farmers are connected 24/7 by their smartphones. They keep up to date while they work.
One of the important roles that we have at the TFGA is to keep those farmers informed about developments affecting their business without turning them into desk jockeys. We also have to represent their interests through optimum use of the news media, using the modern tools of communication.
We constantly tailor our output.
• Our website is the hub of our information platform. It is constantly updated with all TFGA activity.
• We have our own Facebook page and Twitter account
• Members can receive all our daily media releases.
• We use FastNews for regular news feeds by e-mail.
• Our award-winning VOICE magazine, posted out, provides a monthly printed summary.